The 2018 Addiction Medicine Conference (April 27-28) will again provide up-to-date substance use related education, applicable across general medical as well as addiction specialty practices. As in years past, the conference will be a mix of didactic plenary sessions and a wide range of workshops that are more focused and skills based.
The April 26 Pre-Conference will offer longer skill-based workshops and may include: the ABCs of Pain, Addiction Medicine Core Knowledge and Skills, Counseling Skills for Medical Clinicians, Advanced Skills for Buprenorphine providers, and a session focused on SUDs and pregnancy.
Complete agendas for the conference and pre-conference are still under construction. Please check back for details!
Pre-Conference – April 26
- ABCs of Pain (Pain Management for Non-Pain Specialists) Presented by James Finch, MD, DFASAM and Steven Prakken, MD
- Addiction Medicine Core Knowledge and Skills Presented by J. Paul Martin, MD, FASAM
- Talking to Your Patients: Counseling Skills for Medical Clinicians Presented by Roy Stein, MD
- Buprenorphine: Advanced Skills for Current Prescribers Presented by Stephen Wyatt, DO
- OBGYN Focused Session Presented by Mishka Terplan, MD, MPH and Hendree Jones, PHD
Approximately 4-5 CME Hours
Day 1 – April 27
Day 2 – April 28